Monday, October 22, 2007

Thoughts on Writing a Book

Ever since I was a kid I have always wanted to write a book. It would be so cool to have a book published with my name on the cover. I never did get around to writing, and I never could think of what I would want to write about, but every now and then I get an urge to start writing. The only problem is that when I actually get a chance to sit down and start writing, my mind goes blank and nothing wants to come out. My mind likes to wonder a lot, but when I think about it, there is nothing much to write about. Most of the time, there is meaningless thought or just repetitious reminders to keep my mind working. Nothing substantial enough to gain a true insight into how to develop a character or even a situation in enough detail to write anything substantial. I wish I could be more disciplined... Funny because I think of myself as being the most disciplined person I know. Anyway, I just had the urge to write this out; and now I'm done.

No comments: